If you are like me then having children did not take away your love for music and your desire to still be able to hit up the best live shows and music festivals. Thankfully festival promoters seem to be listening and are now offering a lot of special extras for those who are traveling as a family or with their child(ren). Phases of the Moon is offering several things for families and I wanted to share those things with you now.
***Kids 12 and Under Are Free***
That’s right, you can take your children to this year’s Phases of the Moon Festival for free. While you might think that this is common, there were in fact many festivals this year that required parents to purchase lower priced tickets for their children who were in attendance to the event.
***Upgraded Family Camping***
I will admit that I do not want a ton of crazy partying around my kids when I am at a festival. To be honest there is probably a whole let of the crazy partying going on then one would imagine had they not been to a festival. The fact is that some people are going to use this as their time to let loose. So if you want to have the best chance of avoiding all of that then you can check out the Upgraded Family Camping options that are available. This upgrade includes the ability for you to tent camp close to Lake Mingo in shaded/wooded areas. There is a shuttle service that will drive you to and from the festival grounds and your car to this special family campground. It is located a ways off of the beaten path making it out of the way for those who are not camping there. Plus you get to choose your own spot upon arrival. This is available to you for just $46 per adult. The children who are 12 and under are still free here too. You can purchase your upgrades here.
***Crescent Moon Kids Camp***
This is the obvious one. Of course if you have children at a festival you have to visit the festival’s kids camp. There are a lot of fun activities for you to do, arts, crafts, games, and so much more. It is a great time that you will not want to waste.
Now I thought that I would share with you my list of things/people/band/places to go/do/see while you are at Phases of the Moon.
1. The Further Bus (seriously, when else is your child going to get to have their picture taken at the amazing Further bus??)
2. Crescent Moon Kids Camp (this is an area full of free fun activities that are perfect for your children)
3. Guildworks (seriously cool kite like air sculptures, something you really have to see to be able to describe or understand)
4. String Cheese Incident (one of my kiddos’ favorites)
5. Leftover Salmon (you can’t help but have a good time with them)
6. Cornmeal (been watching them for a long time and love sharing the experience with my children)
7. Jeff Austen (as a new dad he is one that is going to really impress your little ones like he does mine)
Obviously there are a ton of additional fun things for you to find and do with your children while you are at Phases of the Moon but these are the 7 ones that I think all parents should take note of.