With summer almost here, it’s time to start thinking about traveling. I have been planning a trip to the UK next year and am super excited about my upcoming travels. While it’s a year away, I know I need to start looking for ways to save money now. The way I look at it is if I start now, who knows the savings I will find. I’m looking for the BEST hotels, cheap flights! You name it, I want to save as much money as possible so I can spend more while I’m on my trip!
While browsing the web I found an awesome website that allowed me to savings on hotel bookings and flights, it’s called Monarch. Here’s a few awesome ways to save money on your next trip tot he UK.
- When booking a flight holidays are cheaper to fly, for example flying on the Fourth of July, Memorial day or labor day will save money if you do not mind traveling on those days.
- Choosing to fly on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays can save around $60 round-trip with Wednesdays being the cheapest day to fly
- Try to book your trip no later than one month in advance for the best deals.
- When booking your hotel, choosing one away from town centers, this can save as much as 40% on your hotel bill.
- Ask your employer if your company receives any discounts. Because businesses send workers all over the world they may have deals with specific hotels.
Monarch allows you to savings on hotel bookings as well as find cheap flights at monarch! It has great deals on everything from flights to train tickets. There is a ton of information about every single detail you need to plan a trip in the Uk.
The website has a special going on now that takes $32.55 of each person for return flights on over 5 million seats, all dates included. To claim the discount simply enter the code BIG25 into the booking path and see the overall price drop..
They are also running a competition when you add either an Essentials or Extras Airpack to your booking you are entered into the daily contest to win back the cost of your flight. The Essentials or Extras Airpacks give you extra leg room, a choice of where you will be seated and also allows for heavier luggage
Monarch also offers this incredible plan called MFlex you can add on to your ticket for only $3.26 per person each way, which is worth it, especially when you are planning a trip sometimes plans change and this way you are covered for changing any travel dates as long as you make changes 15 days prior to the departure date.
Don’t forget to check out some of the great Windows Phone travel apps.