I just realized today that we have less than a month left before school starts, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I need to start back to school shopping, I always shop early to avoid having one huge expense. It’s easier for this mother of 4 to break it up into a few different paychecks. Back to school shopping is a huge expense and its important to do everything we can to save money.
Back to school will be here before you know it! Are you ready to start school shopping again? This year start early and do it the smart way, starts shopping and saving! Since you have an early start on your children heading back to school this year there’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to start saving some money. Here are 3 awesome tips to help you save some money while school shopping.
- Make a List – Make a list of everything you’re going to need for your children this year. I know you probably don’t have a school supply list yet, but most parent have a good idea as to what their children will need for school. Making a list just makes the whole process more manageable, organized and easy and when things run smooth and you know what you need you’re less likely to buy all the extra’s that you don’t really need. Being organized pays off and saves money
- Coupons, Deals and Steals – I am a huge one coupons, deals and steals. If you plan right do your research and know who has the deals you’ll be doing alright. So do your research, jump online and see who has the best deals. Check the big bad stores along with the mom and pop stores, grab a coupon code or two. Does your child need gadgets for school such as laptops? Check out Sony Store Coupons, they always have a money-saving deal. You can save money on more than just their clothing. Save on gizmos, gadgets, school supplies and more, when you take advantage of coupons and deal.
- Shop Online – I am a huge online shopper, you cannot go wrong. We all want our children to look fabulous their first day of school. If you’re like me and live in a small town it’s hard to buy your children something half the town isn’t already wearing. If you can buy it online do it, most places offer free shipping along with discounts on so many products, you’ll actually get a better product at a better price than if you picked it up at the mall. Not to mention the variety endless, of course you cannot buy everything online but what you can buy do it. Start looking now to have you some time and money.
- Don’t wait for the tax-free day – Okay, I know people go crazy over tax-free day, that’s when so many people do their back to school shopping. Not this mom, you’ll never see me out on the tax-free back to school holiday. Think about it how much money does not paying taxes really save you? Not a whole lot, you’re better off getting a JC Penny Coupon for $20 off an order over $100, plus free shipping.
- Start Shopping Now – Okay, so I know by starting shopping now it doesn’t really save you a whole lot of money, but it does make the expense more manageable. Back to school shopping can get expensive, sometimes its easier to spread it out. Just remember to hide those cloths, if your children are like mine they’ll want to wear everything before school starts.
If you keep your eyes open for coupons, deals and steals you’ll save a nice amount of money since you started your back to school shopping early. Shopping online is one of my favorite things to do for school cloths. My children look wonderful and it didn’t cost me a fortune, and I don’t have to worry about them having the same pants, shirts and shoes as 3 other little girls in their class. This year doesn’t sit out waiting to go school shopping on the tax-free day, just start now, take advantage of deals, use coupons, and be a smart shopper and you’ll save money in the long run.